The aim of graduate nursing programme is to prepare graduates to assume responsibilities as professional, competent nurses and midwives in providing promotive, preventive, curative and rehabilitative services.
Prepare nurses who can make independent decisions in nursing situations. Protect the rights and facilitate individuals and groups in pursuit of health function in the hospital, community nursing services and conduct research studies in the areas of nursing practice. They are also expected to assume the role of teacher, supervisor and manager in clinical/ community settings.
On completion of the four years of Basic B.Sc. Nursing programme, the graduate will be able to :-
- Apply knowledge from physical, biological and behavioral sciences, medicine including alternative system and nursing in providing nursing care to individuals, families and communities.
- Demonstrate understanding of life style and other factors which affect health of individuals and groups.
- Provide nursing care based on nursing process
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills in making decisions in all situations in order to provide quality nursing care.
- Utilize the latest trends and technology in providing health care.
- Provide promotive, preventive and restorative health services in line with the National Health Policies and programmes.
- Practice within the framework of code of ethics in nursing and professional conduct for nurses and acceptable standards of practice.
- Communicate effectively with individuals and groups and members of the health team in order to promote effective interpersonal relationship and teamwork.
- Demonstrate skills in teaching individuals and groups in hospitals and in community.
- Participate effectively as members of health team in health care delivery system.
- Demonstrate leadership and managerial skills in Hospitals and community health settings.
- Conduct need based research studies in various setting and utilize the research findings to improve the quality of nursing care.
- Demonstrate awareness, interest and contribute towards the advancement of self and of the nursing profession.